Library membership is granted to the University's employees, students, alumni and retirees and the public. All registered students of the University are automatically members of the Library.
Applicants (with the exception of registered students of the University) must register in person during Library opening hours. A valid identification (ID) card evidencing the applicant's affiliation or recommendation letter must be presented for registration.
The membership fees are as per the table below.
Students / Staff Membership
The borrowing of library books in accordance with this Regulation is merely a privilege granted to eligible members of the University which privilege may be revoked by the University at any time whether in accordance with this Rule or for any or without any reason or ground whatsoever.
Note *Overnight loans for Red-spot books start at 4.00 pm. They must be returned the following day before 10.00 am.
- Library patrons must produce their ID cards to borrow library books. ID cards are not transferable and under no circumstances may a book be passed on to another patron.
- Patrons are responsible for all books loaned for as long as the check-out record remains uncancelled. They will be penalised for any loss or damage to the book borrowed in their name and will be required to pay the cost of replacement or repair together with any fines incurred before reporting the loss or damage, plus a processing fee.
- Patrons are allowed to borrow / return book(s) from any of the UTAR libraries.
- Patrons are not allowed to borrow other books (even if they have not exceeded the loan limit) or renew any borrowed book(s) if they have unpaid fines or have yet to return or replace overdue book(s) or lost or damaged book(s).
- Each patron has his/her own library account that can be accessed at any time at https://opac.utar.edu.my. Through this account the patron can check his/her library activity and perform online renewal of book(s) or online reservation of book(s).
|6.||Renewal of Books|
Library books can be renewed online twice through the UTAR Library Online Catalogue / loan counter. However, renewal is denied under these circumstances :
The item is overdue.
The item is being requested by another patron.
The maximum number of renewal for the item has been exceeded.
|7.||Recall of Books|
Any book on loan may be recalled by the Library in the event it is required either by another patron or for teaching purposes. Recalled books will normally be requested to be returned within seven (7) days of the recall being placed by the library.|
A book that is simultaneously required by a number of patrons may be checked out for three (3) days only. If this book is kept beyond the due date, fines will be imposed .|
Library System will automatically send you a reminder email 3 days before a book is due. After the book is overdue, unlimited overdue emails are sent to your email id everyday. Failure to read emails will not be regarded as a valid excuse for non-receipt of overdue notices. Patrons are however advised to refer to the due date stamped in the book and not rely on email reminders/overdue notices as they are merely courtesy reminders.
|9.||Document Delivery Service|
This service supports scholarly research by helping to obtain materials not available in any of the UTAR libraries. Click here for more details.
Users can make online request for items held at another campus through the Loan facility, which is available at the library online catalogue. However, this facility is available only for Open Shelf books. Other materials from the Red-Spot Collection, Reference Collection, Serials Collection, Special Collection and Archives cannot be requested online. Please refer to the Reference Librarian for such materials.
|11.||Red Spot Books|
The following shall apply to "Red Spot" books :-
Only one red spot book may be borrowed at any one time and the duration of loan shall be 2 hours;|
Overnight loans for red-spot books start at 4.00 pm. They must be returned on the following working day before 10.00 am ; and|
The Library has the full authority to recall any red spot book at any time.|
|12.||Systems Interruptions & Breakdowns |
There will be no book loan transactions in the event of interruption or breakdown in the Library's processing system and the University is not liable in any manner whatsoever for such interruption or breakdown. Interruption to service may be due to any one or more of the events depicted hereinbelow which depiction is not by any means exhaustive :-
Power failure experienced within or affecting the Library;|
Library system being down either at server's or client's end or being upgraded; and|
Hardware failure or connection problems.|